The New Jersey Alliance for Immigrant Justice (NJAIJ) will be hosting a series of "Train the Trainers" sessions to prepare leaders and organizers on best practices and standards for running Know-Your-Rights workshops in their communities. The training will teach trainers how to facilitate conversations and provide information to community members on their rights when interacting with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and local police. Learn how to run a public education workshop on constitutional rights, current state of immigration policy, preparing families, and engaging communities in advocacy. Leaders and Organizers will learn how to run dynamic and interactive workshops, with a focus on role playing exercises that provide community members with the tools they need to prepare and organize.
This training was created for community leaders and organizers. Individual community members who need to learn their rights can attend a Know-Your-Rights Workshop facilitated by advocates in their communities. This curriculum works in collaboration with the efforts of grassroots organizations who are already organizing and preparing communities around pro-immigrant policies and community actions.
If there are any questions or concerns pertaining to the events or there is a need for translations, please email Dina Mansour at email@example.com.
Ticket and materials Information:
- NJAIJ Member Organizations should enter their discount code in order to attend the training free of charge, no limit on attendees affiliated to NJAIJ member organization. Members will receive a PDF copy of the Handbook Curriculum and Handout Materials for community members.
- Non-members must pay a fee of $20 to attend. Students and Youth Organizers will receive a 50% discount code to pay $10 to attend the training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the student and youth organizer discount code. All non-members will receive a bundle of Handout Materials for community members as a part of the training.
Note: The NJAIJ is a coalition of organizations and does not accept individual community members as a part of their membership. If your organization is interested in membership, contact email@example.com for more information. If you are an individual interested in advocacy reach out to us to learn about our affiliated organizations and efforts near you.
To register for this event, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/train-the-trainers-know-your-rights-with-immigration-essex-county-tickets-33089115435
1. Monmouth County: Thursday, March 23rd from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Red Bank Resource Center – 103 Drs James Parker Blvd, Red Bank, NJ 07701
2. Camden County: Saturday, March 25th from 2:00pm-4:30pm at St. Joseph’s Pro Cathedral School Auditorium – 35 Church Street, Camden, NJ 08105
3. Mercer County: Tuesday, March 28th from 6:30pm-8:30pm at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) Library Auditorium – 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing Township, NJ 08618
4. Ocean County: Wednesday, April 5th from 6:00pm-8:30pm at New Labor Lakewood Center – 211 Clifton Avenue 2nd Floor, Lakewood, NJ 08701
303 University Ave
Newark, NJ 07102
Google map and directions