Policy and Program Internship Position Description
The New Jersey Alliance for Immigrant Justice (NJAIJ) is a statewide membership-based coalition that creates and achieves policies in New Jersey that support immigrants in becoming economically, politically and socially rooted within the state. NJAIJ uses the power and strength of its member organizations to ensure that New Jersey’s immigrant communities are leaders in the development of policies that impact their lives and the lives of all New Jersey residents. NJAIJ and its members work to ensure that New Jersey provides access to services, support family unity, and develop policies and strategies for immigrants to fully participate in civic life. The human, civil and labor rights of New Jersey’s immigrants, both documented and those seeking status, will be protected.
The New Jersey Alliance for Immigrant Justice:
- is anchored with base building organizations and has at its core a commitment to empowerment and self-determination of immigrant communities;
- is diverse and truly representative of NJ’s immigrant communities;
- has buy-in and strong commitments from key players;
- is synergistic, collaborative and strengths-based;
- has the capacity to align organizations and move exciting local, statewide and federal agendas that create better opportunities for immigrant communities in NJ;
- is committed to civic participation;
- oriented issue campaigns that yield concrete victories
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Monitor state legislative activity and update organizational documents
- Support key policy research as needed
- Assist with coordination and creation of social media posts for NJAIJ and its campaigns on facebook, twitter and other platforms as needed
- Provide general administrative support such as but not limited to: updating the organization’s databases, website, support materials and tracking charts as needed
We encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.